Saturday, September 02, 2006

Previously to Presently



It’s hard to let go of things we love. For some reason we’re told this is a good thing. Well I disagree. I attach great personal value to my bits and pieces so you can imagine how I felt when my beloved winter coat started disintegrating.

In an acknowledgement of the value of the memories embedded in the fabric, the sense of familiar comfort and the recognition of a finely crafted garment, I created “Re-Worn”.

This has been a very positive exercise in holding on.

3 comments:

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

Beautiful jesika! and great photos!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photograph of Jesika!I bet I know who took it.It was Andrew.I've been letting go of my old glad rags at the markets. It's interesting to see who wants to wear my old skin.

Florence Forrest said...

very beautiful Jesika, good to see more of your work.